Memories shared and in the making.
At The Tuttle Center, our goal is to create pleasant days and meaningful moments for our residents with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. Our approach to memory support is truly unique — a culmination of two innovative theories.
Naomi Feil's Validation Method is based on the principle that all residents' opinions need to be acknowledged, respected, heard and treated as a legitimate expression of their feelings, regardless of whether or not the caregiver agrees.
Landmarks for Living® is a philosophy of memory care that emphasizes familiar schedules in a secure, dedicated neighborhood to create an environment that promotes choice, celebrates accomplishments and helps residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of memory loss retain and restore independence.
The professionals at The Tuttle Center are committed to the compassionate support of residents with memory loss. Our staff takes the time to learn the history of each resident and build a nurturing bond that goes beyond the basics of caregiving. And we deliver a high level of life-enriching care, encouraging the capabilities of each individual.
Residence & Community Amenities
- Licensed nursing staff on site 24/7
- Medication administration
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Chef-prepared cuisine to meet special dietary needs
- Emphasis placed on understanding and responding to each individual’s wants and needs
- Special activities and socialization programming
- Exercise - helps residents maintain gross motor coordination with activities such as Tai Chi, yoga and chair fitness
- Music therapy - stimulates memory and creates uplifting feelings
- Art therapy - enhances fine motor coordination
- Cognitive therapy - uses games, books and trivia to boost brain function and strengthen the mind
- Lifestyle stations - to help calm disruptive behaviors and restore feelings of purpose and emotions, utilizing special mementos that include a wedding dress, tux and top hat, manual typewriter, baby doll, shoe shine kit and sewing machine
- Access to the full continuum of care
- Well-designed, private studio apartment residences
- Comfortable, relaxing common living areas
- Dining venue specifically appointed to address the needs of residents
- Secure garden courtyard with outdoor seating and dining areas
- Protected outdoor walking path
- Beauty salon/barbershop
To learn more about memory support at The Tuttle Center, call or contact us to schedule your personal tour.